A Taser, or a conducted electrical weapon (CEW), is an electroshock weapon sold by Taser International. It fires two small dart-like electrodes, which stay connected to the main unit by conductor wires, to deliver electrical current to disrupt voluntary control of muscles, which can cause "neuromuscular incapacitation". This prevents the target from doing anything other than violent spasm on the ground.
- The Taser deals no damage and you should only use it when you're getting chased.
- Although the Taser is an effective item, it does no actual damage and is a last resort-only weapon.
- The Taser can tase a Smoker while it is grabbing you with its tongue. If you tase its tongue, it won't be able to use it anymore.
- The Taser works in FFA.
- Stunned zombies can still damage you.
- The Taser cannot shoot. It is a melee weapon.
- The Taser is the first item that is also a usable melee weapon.
- Tased zombies are spun around violently, like they were electrocuted.
- The Taser used to have a bug that allowed players to defeat King Cake with ease.
- Players can drop the Taser, and zombies can equip it if grabbed.