The most literal thing to a nuclear bomb that the US government will allow in the apocalypse. Can mow down hoards, Tanks, King Cake and much more. Mind you, ammo is scarce for this. Don't go all Rambo with this.
The M134 Minigun is a 7.62x51 mm NATO, six-barreled machine gun with a high rate of fire (2,000 to 6,000 rounds per minute). It features Gatling-style rotating barrels with an external power source, normally an electric motor. The "Mini" in the name is in comparison to designs that use a similar firing mechanism but larger shells, such as General Electric's earlier 20-millimeter M61 Vulcan, and "gun" for a caliber size smaller than that of a cannon, typically 20 mm and higher. The Minigun is used by several branches of the U.S. military. Versions are designated M134 and XM196 by the United States Army, and GAU-2/A and GAU-17/A by the U.S. Air Force and U.S. Navy. "Minigun" refers to a specific model of weapon that General Electric originally produced, but the term "minigun" has popularly come to refer to any externally powered Gatling gun of rifle caliber. The term is also used to refer to guns of similar rates of fire and configuration regardless of power source and caliber.
- The Minigun slows you down, so don't use it too frequently.
- Don't expect to last long with this thing, you can't refill when you're near an ammo box and you only get 360 rounds, no more.
- Use the ammunition wisely, use it mostly on tanks or as a crowd control weapon.
- Bring a sensible secondary like a MP5 so you can use it if your Minigun runs out of ammo or if you're trying to conserve Minigun ammo.
- Using the /e sit command while having the Minigun equipped will allow you to shoot under the floor for maps like Oil Rig.
- The Minigun is the strongest weapon in the game.
- Running while unequipped with a gun then clicking on the Minigun icon makes you walk faster with it equipped.
- This was fixed in v39.
- The Minigun was the first unrefillable weapon to be added in the game.
- During debug mode, this costed 20,000$.