Lay By is a Survival map for R2D. This map was inspired by The Walking Dead, Season 1, Episode 1, where the family walks through this area.
Survivors spawn inside a picnic shed. Outside a campfire can be seen, but it does not inflict fire damage. A highway, an abandoned house and a derelict building can be viewed. There is a broken bridge which spans a reservoir. An electric pylon spans the map from the bridge to the edge.
- The Crawler spawn chance increased to 90%.
- Expect rapid and fast gameplay.
- Since the map is small, explosive devices such as Chinalake are very useful here.
- Elementals are also useful here.
- This is the second smallest map ever in R2D History.
- This is the only map to change time during gameplay.
- This map is heavily criticised for the free models it uses.
- It could partially explain why nobody is credited for the map.
- This is the only map to change the zombie spawnrate.