King Cake is a Boss added in v30. He is a giant piece of chocolate cake with a cherry on top which also sits a crown. His arena is in the sky and he can summon cake minions among other things.
King Cake's throne room appears to be levitating in the sky, held up by clouds. Players spawn in front of a heavenly gold staircase. After walking up it and going through the gates, King Cake himself can be seen. He temporarily sits on a platform which has an ammo table in front of it. To the sides are golden pillars which can be used to kite his minions among other things. To the side is a cage which contains all of the dead players and zombies.
King cake has multiple attacks, which can be deadly when unprepared.
- Missiles - Spawns many missiles which will do explosive damage if they hit you.
- Cake Rain - Clouds appear, raining down cakes which will instantly kill you if you are hit by one.
- Minion Spawn - King Cake spawns 5 or so minions, whom are smaller pieces of cake with glasses for some odd reason. They do 10 damage on hit and can be very easily killed.
- Ground Slam - King Cake strikes the ground, any player caught in the radius of this attack will be instantly flung off the map and probably killed.
A suggested way to easily beat King Cake is to knock it off the map, use a melee when the cake is near the edge.
It is said that the God PlaceRebuilder bestowed upon his people the blessing of Cake, to aid them in their eternal struggle against the zombie hordes. When the word "cake" was uttered, a slice of Cake would fall from the heavens and heal those who took a bite from its sacred flesh. King Cake soon took notice that his subjects were disappearing one by one, which confused him. Seeking answers, he went to PlaceRebuilder. The god explained that his people needed the power of the Cake in order to prevail over the ever-powerful growing Infected hordes. King Cake grew enraged, warning that he would one day wreak havoc on the mortals for eating his people. That day has come, with the actions of other Gods out of his control, PlaceRebuilder gave warning that King Cake would soon start transporting random individuals to his heavenly domain to test their skills and see if they are truly worthy of the cake.
- King Cake is the first boss in R2D
- He appears to reside in the heavens
- King Cake is the only way a player can get an item without require rank to buy it.