Infection [INF] is a gamemode in which the survivors must avoid taking damage of any kind, whether it be damage from a zombie to taking fall damage. After you have been damaged, the virus side bar (from the Anti-Virus Objective) will show up to the right side of your screen. To cure yourself, you will need to use a healing item. It takes 1-3 minutes to reach 100% meaning you need to heal within that time otherwise you will die.
- Using Pills will only reset the bar as after the initial full health, your health will decrease meaning you "take" damage.
- Using a health vest is very buggy here as the game will think you have taken initial damage at the start of the game meaning you need a healing item 1 minute into the round.
- Using the Golden Ribbon is even more glitchy, as after you have healed 100% your virus bar will not go away, causing death.
- Bringing healing items (such as the Candycane or Medkit) is recommended as the supply boxes won't always give you healing items.
- Self harming will still trigger the virus bar.
- This is the least common gamemode out of the "common" gameplay gamemodes.
- Because of this, this is one of the least favored gamemodes in R2D.
- This can be considered the R2D form of what is now Rapid Infection in R2DA, with different mechanics.