|This item/feature was removed before the fall of Reason 2 Die.|
Please note that information has not been kept up to standard as this feature wasn't around until the end.
The Firebreather is one of the Special Infected in R2D. All Firebreathers appear to be transparent. He could be purchased for 145$ and the Kill Reward is 20$. The Firebreather was replaced by the Elemental to counter the Fireproof Vest and Halloween Vest.
Firebreathers are creatures that are made of pure fire and a solid hat (if they have any). Their appearance is barely comprehensible due to the transparency and the fire surrounding its body. Firebreathers, called by Firespitters by some, are a type of Special Infected that can Fire Drop and Fire Spit. Fire Drops lasts for a good amount of time, but it uses 70% stamina to be triggered, making Firebreathers unable to do the Fire Spit multiple times. The Fire Spit uses up to 30% of the stamina and if the spit collides properly with a survivor, the survivor will take burn damage and will drain more than half health (for those not wearing a health vest). Also it's known that they can also heal by touching fire, be it their own Fire Drop, Molotovs or a Flamethrower. Be warned. The most common vest used to counter Firebreathers are the Halloween Vest and the Fireproof Vest. These survivors cannot be burnt. Firebreathers are considered the sniper class of the game.
|Left Mouse Button||Fire Spit||Shoots out fire.|
Consumes 30 energy.
|F||Fire Drop||Creates a ring of fire. Deals the fire effect upon touch.|
Consumes 70 energy.
|Humanoid Touch||Fire Touch||Deals the fire effect upon touch.|
Disadvantages and Advantages
- Fire Spit and Fire Drop consumes energy.
- Difficult to hit survivors with Fire Spit.
- Light reveals location.
- Useless against Fireproof Vests.
- High damage from Fire Spit.
- Burn damage from Fire Touch.
- Long range Fire Spits.
- Near transparent body for concealing location.
- Can heal in fire sources that deal damage including the Fire Drop.
- A well placed Fire Drop can force survivors away from a camping spot.
- Faster then survivors and Zombies.
- The Firebreather spit fire through some walls and thin barriers.
- The Firebreather used to have a bug after shooting once it will be slow and unable to shoot.
- Prior to Version 34, the Firebreather was able to kill AI Zombies with a Fire Drop and get the 5$ kill reward.
- The Firebreather is commonly used for long range shots or dropping fire around an escape vehicle.
- After Version 27, the fire from a Firebreather can now damage objects.