In all, a very solid automatic weapon. Average accuracy, ok-ish ammo and a quality reload time will fail to disappoint you.
The AK-47 is a selective-fire, gas-operated 7.62×39mm assault rifle, first developed in the Soviet Union by Mikhail Kalashnikov. It is officially known in the Soviet documentation as Avtomat Kalashnikova (Russian: Автомат Калашникова). It is also known as Kalashnikov, AK, or in Russian slang, Kalash. Design work on the AK-47 began in the last year of World War II (1945). After the war in 1946, the AK-47 was presented for official military trials. In 1948, the fixed-stock version was introduced into active service with selected units of the Soviet Army. An early development of the design was the AKS (S—Skladnoy or "folding"), which was equipped with an underfolding metal shoulder stock. In 1949, the AK-47 was officially accepted by the Soviet Armed Forces and used by the majority of the member states of the Warsaw Pact. Even after six decades the model and its variants remain the most popular and widely used assault rifles in the world because of their substantial reliability even under harsh conditions, low production costs compared to contemporary Western weapons, availability in virtually every geographic region and ease of use. The AK-47 has been manufactured in many countries and has seen service with armed forces as well as irregular forces worldwide, and was the basis for developing many other types of individual and crew-served firearms. More AK-type rifles have been produced than all other assault rifles combined.
- This has quite bad accuracy so try use it close quarters as necessary.
- The AK-47, used with the Rambo Knife, make a great combination.
- This depletes ammo pretty quickly if used carelessly.
- Any zombie will get easily shredded from this gun. Don't be afraid to fire away at your most potentially feared zombie types.
- This and the Thompson are nearly similar and many people argue which is better.
- It is outclassed by the Thompson by clip size, accuracy, range, firerate, and cost.
- The AK-47 was deemed useless when the Famas F1 was released.
- Despite being more expensive then the Thompson, the AK-47 in real life is pretty cheap to manufacture.
- Reformed twice in R2DA as the Kalashnikova, then the AK-47.
- The AK-47 actually carries 30 rounds in real life, but has 28 in R2D.
- In Version 29, the texture became slightly lighter.